Virtual Site Inspection – Marching Band – Air Travel
Check your passport has a minimum of six months validity before expiry on the date of your return to the USA i.e July 2021.
- Take several photocopies of the biographical page of your passport in case you lose the original.
- Check if you need a vIsa.
Note: US Passport holders do not require a Visa.
Please Visit www.travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/international-travel.html for more information.
- Smartphones and tablets will all work fine with the higher voltage in Italy.
- For cell phone service you will need an overseas plan. Speak to your supplier prior to travel. Some operators will offer a Travel Pass.
- Free WiFi in your hotel so download Skype or FaceTime for free face-to-face calls.
- Electrical current in Italy = 220 – 240 volts (US 110 Volts).
- Electrical sockets (outlets) in Italy require a two pin plug so you will need a converter.
- Adaptors v Transformers – there is a difference!
- Most hotels will have USB charging ports in the room.
Italy uses Euros (€) and Cents (c)
100 cents = 1 euro (€)
Bills / Notes: €50, €20, €10 and €5
Coins: €2, €1, 50c, 20c, 10c, 5c, 2c and 1c
How do I pay for things in Rome?
- Cash in Euros (€) but don’t bring a lot.
- Bank card to use at ATM’s.
- Credit Cards – Visa & Mastercard are best.
- Pre-paid cards (recommended) – Visa & Mastercard are best.
You’re away for one week – don’t over do it:
- One check-in bag (50 lbs max) in weight and total dimensions 62 inches. Airlines vary, so double check online.
- One carry on bag and purse or laptop bag.
- You may have to take you small instrument as a carry on or to be packed in you checked suitcase.
Temperature in Rome at New Year:
- Average Low 39F
- Average High 55F
Layers are the answer:
- Light waterproof jacket
- Comfortable walking shoes
- NYE Party clothes
- Don’t leave home without your passport
- Don’t be late – arrive 3 hrs (minimum) prior to flight time
- No ticket required
- Check-in your suitcase
- Seats are pre-allocated
- Enter through Airport security after check-in
- All liquids and gels must be must be put in plastic bags when travelling on the airplane (4 fl.oz.)
Your Transatlantic Flight
- All transatlantic flights are overnight
- The journey will be between 7 and 16 hours.
- Try to get some rest
- Drink plenty of water
- Dinner, snack meal and sodas are all free on board
- Movies, TV and music all free
- Best to bring your own headset
- Set your watch to Rome time
- Rome’s time zone is EST +6, CST +7 and Pacific +9
Arriving in Rome
- Go through to Non-EU line at the Italian Boarder Control Customs
- Collect you luggage
- Exit through the ‘Nothing to Declare’ doors
- Look out for your Youth Music greeter holding a sign with the Rome Parade Logo
- Then coach to hotel
Airport Meet & Greet
- After immigration & baggage collection you will make your way to the arrivals hall
- Met by a professional ‘meet & greet’ team from Destination Events, who will be holding Rome Parade branded signs
Departure from U.K.
- Your coach will pick your group up from your hotel to transport you to the airport
- Your group will be met by our professional ‘meet & greet’ team from Destination Events, who will assist with check-in
- Ensure any extra liquids over the airport limit are disposed of